I. Miller

Default Inserting only odd or even page numbers and...

I would like to know how to insert only odd or even page numbers in a
document. In other words, I would like to number consecutive pages 1,3,5,...
or 2,4,6,...

And, I would also like know if there is a way to create a text field in the
middle of the page that has a number that changes with increasing page
number. I want it to say "Plate 1" on the first page but then "Plate 2" on
the next page and so on. And I would like it to change all the numbers in the
field in subsequent pages if I insert a new page at some point in the
document.

Thanks in advance.

I. Miller
Greg Maxey

You can use
{={Page}+{Page} -1} for ODD and {={Page}+{Page}} for Even
The field braces are entered with CTRL+F9

Just type Plate {Page} in the header of footer where you want the data to
appear.

Again the field code braces are entered with CTRL+F9. Toggle the display
with ALT+F9

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support

I. Miller wrote:
I would like to know how to insert only odd or even page numbers in a
document. In other words, I would like to number consecutive pages
1,3,5,... or 2,4,6,...

And, I would also like know if there is a way to create a text field
in the middle of the page that has a number that changes with
increasing page number. I want it to say "Plate 1" on the first page
but then "Plate 2" on the next page and so on. And I would like it to
change all the numbers in the field in subsequent pages if I insert a
new page at some point in the document.

Thanks in advance.

I. Miller

iffi1970 iffi1970 is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Maxey View Post

I. Miller wrote:
I would like to know how to insert only odd or even page numbers in a
document. In other words, I would like to number consecutive pages
1,3,5,... or 2,4,6,...

And, I would also like know if there is a way to create a text field
in the middle of the page that has a number that changes with
increasing page number. I want it to say "Plate 1" on the first page
but then "Plate 2" on the next page and so on. And I would like it to
change all the numbers in the field in subsequent pages if I insert a
new page at some point in the document.

Thanks in advance.

I. Miller
Thanks you Greg Maxey
Its really works. But I further keen to know does there is any way to put roman page numbering with the same method i.e. {={Page}+{Page} -1} for ODD and {={Page}+{Page}} for Even.
Please explain it. I need it urgently.