Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Octavio[_2_] Octavio[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2003: Space between two words

How do I control the spacing between two words that are visually seen to be
very separated when I justify the page be straight on each of its side?
(The words then become farther apart after the justification, I will like
to know if there is a way to make them look closer together and control the
amount of the space between them).

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

When you justify text, the spaces in each line are expanded to make the
words fill the line. You will probably find the justification a little
better if you enable Tools | Options | Compatibility: "Do full justification
like WordPerfect 6.x for Windows." But the best solution for "loose" lines
is hyphenation. You can use automatic hyphenation if you like, but I prefer
to hyphenate manually, inserting optional hyphens with Ctrl+Hyphen. They
will print only if the word is broken at the end of a line.

"Octavio" wrote in message
How do I control the spacing between two words that are visually seen to
be very separated when I justify the page be straight on each of its side?
(The words then become farther apart after the justification, I will like
to know if there is a way to make them look closer together and control
the amount of the space between them).

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

As well as enabling the WordPerfect Justification option as Suzanne
recommends, sometimes reducing the character Spacing (Format, Font) by 0.1
point, justification can improve - though the result can depend on the font
and font size in use.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP