Chris Waller

Default VBA and Word

At work I use Microsoft Word 97 and I have a query about VBA and Word. I have
created a document which is held on a mainframe. All the users in the area
can access this document and modify it for their own needs. Some time people
access one anothers documents and copy them and make modifications to the
documents. Ideally what I would like to be able to do is write some VB code
that puts the name of the last person to modify the document in the footer. I
would again ideally like this to be an automatic function that updates as
soon as any changes are made.
I know that you can put the Author, last saved by, last printed by and user
name but there does not appear to be an option with respect to the name of
the person who last modified the document.
I am not particularly bothered about the header or footer changing but the
area of the document between the two. If anyone could let me know if there is
any code available I would be very grateful.