Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Vicki

Default How do I make a list of people from an *.mdb recipients list

I have printed envelopes using a mail merge in Word. How do I print a
one-page list of the recipients' names and addresses using the same *.mdb
list? When I try to make a directory from the recipients' list each record
is on a separate page. I want all records to be on one page. In other
words, I want a single-page list of the people I sent invitations to. Any
help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

In the first step of the Mail Merge Wizard, or using the first button on the
Mail Merge toolbar, choose the "Directory" option.

Peter Jamieson

"Vicki" wrote in message
I have printed envelopes using a mail merge in Word. How do I print a
one-page list of the recipients' names and addresses using the same *.mdb
list? When I try to make a directory from the recipients' list each
record
is on a separate page. I want all records to be on one page. In other
words, I want a single-page list of the people I sent invitations to. Any
help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Ok, it shouldn't, unless you have done something like..
a. inserted a page break in your mail merge main document
b. inserted a paragraph that has "page break before" formatting, or used a
paragraph style with that formatting attached (I would suspect the latter,
if you have used a Heading style to introduce each entry in your directory).

Peter Jamieson

"Vicki" wrote in message
I have printed envelopes using a mail merge in Word. How do I print a
one-page list of the recipients' names and addresses using the same
*.mdb
list? When I try to make a directory from the recipients' list each
record
is on a separate page. I want all records to be on one page. In other
words, I want a single-page list of the people I sent invitations to.
Any
help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Vicki

I think I didn't put enough in my main document (I had only Last Name and
Address on one line). What do I put there if I want is a list of Last Name
and Address for each record? How do I get it to put consecutive records on
the same page? Thank you for helping.

"Vicki" wrote in message
I have printed envelopes using a mail merge in Word. How do I print a
one-page list of the recipients' names and addresses using the same
*.mdb
list? When I try to make a directory from the recipients' list each
record
is on a separate page. I want all records to be on one page. In other
words, I want a single-page list of the people I sent invitations to.
Any
help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Are you sure that you are using a Directory type mailmerge main document. I
assume that because of your use of the terminology "*.mdb recipients list"
that you are using Word XP or Word 2003. If you are using an earlier
version of Word, it is called a Catalog type mail merge.

In either case, if you insert a one row table into the main document and
into the cells of that table, you insert the mergefields, then when you
execute the merge to a new document, that new document will contain a row of
data for each record in the data source.

There should be nothing else in the main document apart from that one row
table.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.