Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Berg Berg is offline

Default How to set up a single fold multi-page bulletin

I type a weekly church bulletin using pre-set covers. They are 8.5 x 14 so
the bulletin is a finished (single fold) 7 x 8.5. I am looking to alleviate
the cut and paste so the pages are consecutive and the typing appropriate. I
haven't found anything suitable in newsletter/bulletin, etc. formats. When
it prints it must print, i.e., page 1 and let's say page 10, on one side.
The next page would print 2-sided pages 2, 3, 8, 9 and finally the center
page 4, 5, 6, 7. Thanks!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
mike mike is offline

I think you want Book fold printing. I set mine programmatically, not
sure how to do it through the UI.

Somewhere on page setup I think but I can't find it.

Mike

Berg wrote:
I type a weekly church bulletin using pre-set covers. They are 8.5 x 14 so
the bulletin is a finished (single fold) 7 x 8.5. I am looking to alleviate
the cut and paste so the pages are consecutive and the typing appropriate. I
haven't found anything suitable in newsletter/bulletin, etc. formats. When
it prints it must print, i.e., page 1 and let's say page 10, on one side.
The next page would print 2-sided pages 2, 3, 8, 9 and finally the center
page 4, 5, 6, 7. Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...etPrinting.htm. But note that
for Word's purposes there is no such thing as a 10-page booklet; you must
have 12 pages. The layout for that is 12 and 1, with 2 and 11 on the back,
followed by 10 and 3 with 4 and 9, then 8 and 5 with 6 and 7.

If you're doing two full sheets with a half-sheet insert, then you'll need
to do one of the following:

1. Create the half sheet as an independent document for later insertion.

2. Create a full sheet that will be nominally pages 5-8. You then have the
choice of leaving pages 5 and 6 (or 7 and 8) blank (trimming off the blank
side) or repeating pages 5 and 6 on pages 7 and 8 (cutting the sheet in
two). The latter option however, would give you two inserts per booklet,
which you wouldn't need.

http://word.mvps.org