Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ian Richardson ACITP Ian Richardson ACITP is offline

Default Pasting XE fields into Excel

Hi

This covers Word & Excel and I wasn't sure where to post it so I posted
here. Apologies if I was wrong.

In my Word doc I have loads of images and when inserting them I have used
Insert as link. I now want to paste it into Excel as text but it is
converting it to a picture. I still get a picture if I press Alt F9 and paste
the text.

can this be done or can I convert the XE code to plain text

Many thanks

Ian
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Run the below macro (if you need assistance, see
http://gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm); it docks the Header/Footer
toolbar to the left of the Word window, and you can then drag it to
the desired position.

Sub MoveHeaderFooterToolbar()
ActiveWindow.View.SeekView = wdSeekCurrentPageHeader
With CommandBars("Header and Footer")
.Enabled = True
.Visible = True
.Position = msoBarLeft
End With
End Sub

If the macro doesn't help, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ian Richardson ACITP"
skrev i meddelandet
Hi

This covers Word & Excel and I wasn't sure where to post it so I

posted
here. Apologies if I was wrong.

In my Word doc I have loads of images and when inserting them I have

used
Insert as link. I now want to paste it into Excel as text but it is
converting it to a picture. I still get a picture if I press Alt F9

and paste
the text.

can this be done or can I convert the XE code to plain text

Many thanks

Ian

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Please pay no attention to my reply in this thread; it was posted by
mistake. Sorry!

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP