Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Housebz Housebz is offline

Default format markings

Not sure what to call this to be able to look it up! Somehow my Word 2003
started automatically showing all the formerly invisible indications of space
dots and return arrows and other formatting indications - how can I turn this
OFF??

Thank you!!
--
Evelyn in Cincinnati
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ctrl+Shift+8 toggles them on/off (as does clicking the paragraph mark or
pilcrow in the standard toolbar). Or, see Tools - Options - View -
Formatting marks for the individual controls.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Housebz" wrote in message
Not sure what to call this to be able to look it up! Somehow my Word 2003
started automatically showing all the formerly invisible indications of
space
dots and return arrows and other formatting indications - how can I turn
this
OFF??

Thank you!!
--
Evelyn in Cincinnati

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJY PJY is offline

On your standard toolbar, there is a icon that sort of looks like a backwards
P (if you hover on it, it reads Show/Hide) unclick this

"Housebz" wrote:

Not sure what to call this to be able to look it up! Somehow my Word 2003
started automatically showing all the formerly invisible indications of space
dots and return arrows and other formatting indications - how can I turn this
OFF??

Thank you!!
--
Evelyn in Cincinnati

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PJY PJY is offline

P.S. if that didn't work, go to tools, options, view tab and under formatting
marks unclick the ones you do not want to see

"Housebz" wrote:

Not sure what to call this to be able to look it up! Somehow my Word 2003
started automatically showing all the formerly invisible indications of space
dots and return arrows and other formatting indications - how can I turn this
OFF??

Thank you!!
--
Evelyn in Cincinnati

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Housebz Housebz is offline

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! I found this icon and turned it OFF!! Thanks!
--
Evelyn in Cincinnati

"Housebz" wrote:

Not sure what to call this to be able to look it up! Somehow my Word 2003
started automatically showing all the formerly invisible indications of space
dots and return arrows and other formatting indications - how can I turn this
OFF??

Thank you!!
--
Evelyn in Cincinnati

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Henk57[_223_] Henk57[_223_] is offline

Housebz;2870559 Wrote:
Not sure what to call this to be able to look it up! Somehow my Word
2003
started automatically showing all the formerly invisible indications of
space
dots and return arrows and other formatting indications - how can I
turn this
OFF??

Thank you!!
--
Evelyn in Cincinnati

You have formatting characters on - which is the best way by the way.
Without is like driving in a car with all windows blindeded. Anyway,
if you insist: CTRL+SHIFT+8 is the magic trick.

--
Henk57
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I'd strongly recommend going to Tools Options View and turning
_on_ Paragraph Marks and Tab Marks. Not knowing what they're doing is
probably responsible for a third of the questions that come up here.