How can I use internat fax as default fax from Word 2007?

Old January 5th 08, 12:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lindsay McGibbon

Default How can I use internat fax as default fax from Word 2007?

I have Office 2007 and due to problems with my fax modem and WinFax (not
fully compatible with Vista) have purchased internet fax software and license
which allows me to send any document as an attachment via the internet. I
can receive faxes the same way, via an email.

At present this entails scanning document to Picture Gallary (what a mess
that is) and then attaching it to my inrternet email over the web.

How can I set up MyFax as the default fax in Word, so I can send a fax
direct from word?
Old January 5th 08, 01:28 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Not sure what this has to do with a mail merge.
Did you subscribe to one of the Internet Fax Services that integrates with
Office 2007? If so, which one? Did you integrate it with Outlook?
Once you do, you send Word documents using these complicated instructions:
Send Internet Fax
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 5th 08, 02:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Lindsay McGibbon[_2_]

Thanks for reply. I did not mention mail merge. I was able to send faxes
direct from my PC with internal modem when my OS was Windows XP. I was also
able to scan documents and send them by fax using the scanner software, using
the basic Microsoft fax, but that does'nt work with Vista.
I looked at WinFax but I cannot find satisfactory proof that it works with
Vista. So I went for MyFax which operates from a web page; but this entails
scanning a letter or document I have, which seems a bummer when the letter is
in front of me.
As with everybody, faxes are a last resort these days, but it is handy if
recipient is not computer orientated.
I DID advise the fax/email software that Outlook was my default email
provider but cannot find how to alter Microsoft Fax to accept Myfax as
default fax. I was able to set Winfax as default. Sorry for the long reply
but don't watse too mcuh time on this one.

best wishes,

Lindsay McGibbon (Mr)

Old January 5th 08, 02:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Lindsay McGibbon wrote:
Thanks for reply. I did not mention mail merge.

This is a mailmerge forum?

Maybe http://www.rkssoftware.com/rksfax/overview.html will fill the bill?

--

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Old January 5th 08, 02:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

I know you did not mention mail merge. That's my point. Why did you post in
a mail merge group?
You also did not follow my suggestion. You have Office 2007, right? Office
2007 integrates with several Internet Fax Services, including MyFax. So
integrate it. If you don't know how, follow the instructions MyFax provides.
Or just open Outlook New Internet Fax and follow the instructions.
http://www.myfax.com/microsoft-office-fax.asp
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old January 5th 08, 04:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Peter Jamieson

Why did you post in a mail merge group?

It may be because the Mailmerge and fields group is called "Mailmerge and
Fax" in the MS Communities website, or it was when I last looked. I've
mentioned this to MS more than once, but you know how it is...

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

Old January 5th 08, 04:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

How odd, but how typical. Just another of the many reasons people should use
a real newsreader and not the dumbed-down website.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]

Old February 1st 20, 08:38 AM
Budy Budy is offline

Default suggestion

Don't waste more of your time in search of the right fax tool as CocoFax is here for you. People who want to know How can I use internet fax as default fax from Word 2007 just visit CocoFax now as this is the perfect place for all of you. We have collected some information for the sake of your ease, so don't need to be worried and wasting your time in search of the best tools. It is really amazing and has wonderful features. You wouldn't mind using it. It has great features that are really good and work perfectly fine.

Last edited by Budy : February 11th 20 at 09:59 AM.