Word Compatibility Mode

Old May 26th 19, 01:50 PM
Jenn68 Jenn68 is offline

Default Word Compatibility Mode

I had previously created a series of mail merge documents using a perviuous version of Microsoft Office, I am now using Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2019.

These documents as well as all others created by Word 2016, despite having .docx extensions, open with "[Compatibility Mode] in the document title bar. This also is the case on a computer, I believe, running Office 2016.

I've opened the files, resaved them with MO2019 yet they chronically open in compatibility mode.

I have read about the normal.dotm file, which I had renamed allowing Word to recreate it, yet it still continues to be an issue.

Any suggestions?

Cross posted in part here ... http://www.msofficeforums.com/mail-m...via-excel.html

Last edited by Jenn68 : May 26th 19 at 02:03 PM.
Old May 26th 19, 02:03 PM
Jenn68 Jenn68 is offline

Originally Posted by Jenn68 View Post
I have read alot the normal.dotm file, which I had renamed allowing Word to recreate it, yet it still continues to be an issue.

Any suggestions?
Turns out my source with instructions to rename and recreate the normal.dotm file forgot to mention ..

Open up said document, and convert, before resaving. Looks like I found my own solution, bu thanks for providing the opportunity.
Old March 25th 20, 05:03 PM
AmyRZimmermann AmyRZimmermann is offline
Banned

I had faced the same problem myself and was searching for its solution. I tried everything on the internet but nothing worked so I decided to install the previous version of the office. By the way, if you guys are looking for some writing service to help you with your assignments you can discover Essaywritingnetnz here. They are one of the best writing services. I have used their services myself and I am very impressed by them. I would suggest you check them out as well.
Old March 31st 20, 11:50 AM
WilliamAMoore WilliamAMoore is offline
Banned

Well, I don't know so much about this because I have no knowledge of this. BTW, if anyone who is facing writing-related problems in their school or college writing work then you should visit www.essayontime.com.au/assignment-writing-services where you can find the best assignment writing services and I think it will be so much useful for your writing work and you should visit it once.

Last edited by WilliamAMoore : March 31st 20 at 11:51 AM. Reason: No reason.
Old March 31st 20, 03:58 PM
yeyetop yeyetop is offline
Banned

Thank you!