Adding My Own Templates

Old July 23rd 08, 04:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BRob

Default Adding My Own Templates

I've upgrade to Word 2007 and have a set of my own templates in a separate
directory that were developed in a previous version of word.

How do I customise Word 2007 to show those templates when I open up a new
document.

Tx

Rob

Old July 23rd 08, 06:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

BRob wrote:
I've upgrade to Word 2007 and have a set of my own templates in a
separate directory that were developed in a previous version of word.

How do I customise Word 2007 to show those templates when I open up a
new document.

Tx

Rob

Add a button for it to the Quick Access Toolbar.

Go to Office button Word Options Customize. Set the category to either
All Commands or Commands Not In the Ribbon. Choose the command "New Document
or Template..." and click the Add button. That command opens the same dialog
as did File New in previous versions.

To have your templates appear as a custom tab in this dialog, you have to
make your directory a subfolder within the Templates folder (by default,
%appdata%\Microsoft\Templates).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old July 24th 08, 09:56 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
BRob

Thanks Jay,

I've got that solution working now although it is not quite ideal.

The reason is that the templates are currently actually stored on a small
server, so three of us can access them (and the templates stay consistent).

Is there a way that the default directory for these templates can be changed
in word 2007 (I know you could do it in the previous version - and that's
the bit I'm struggling with.)

Tx

Rob

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
BRob wrote:
[...]

so all may benefit.

Old July 24th 08, 10:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell

'File Locations' has now moved to Word Options, Advanced tab (Alt+F, I, A)
at the very bottom of the dialog.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP