how do i insert two page borders in one page, top and bottom?

Old April 29th 10, 07:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Filo

Default how do i insert two page borders in one page, top and bottom?

how do i insert two page borders in one page, top and bottom?
Old April 29th 10, 07:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom[_3_]

Generally, you can insert page borders from the Page Borders tab of the Borders
and Shading dialog box.

Which page are we talking about here? A page in the middle of a document, the
very first page of a document, or what?

If the page in question is in the middle of a document, you'll need to add a
section break (since page borders apply to sections), and then choose to add the
border to "This section - first page only."

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Old April 29th 10, 08:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY

Exactly what do you mean by "two page borders . . . top and bottom"?

If you mean one border line across the top of the page, and a different
border line across the bottom, it's fairly easy. Just go to the page border
window (its location varies depending on which version of Word you're using).
Select the border you want across the top of the page. It will show up on all
four sides of the little thumbnail sample page. Delete the sides and bottom,
so that border is only across the top. Then select the border you want across
the bottom, and click on the little icon for a bottom margin. That should do
it.

If you mean a border AROUND the top half of the page and a different border
around the bottom half of the page, you'll have to do it with paragraph
borders instead of a page border. Select the paragraphs on the top and apply
one border to them, and then select the paragraphs on the bottom and apply a
different border to them.

Thanks.

Old February 26th 20, 07:32 AM
AmyRZimmermann AmyRZimmermann is offline

I am a student and was looking for someone who could help me with essay writing work. I told my friend my problem and he told me togo to my Essay On Time site as he was an employee there. I saw their site and read the reviews and gave them my requirements for my essay and they completed my essay in no time. I would recommend them to every student who has trouble writing their essay or research papers themselves.