two spaces

Old March 19th 20, 08:08 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected]

Default two spaces

How do I make my doc stop putting two spaces instead of one when I press enter? Last time it happened, it went away after I pressed something in format but now it's not stopping. And I need it to because I'm writing a story, and I only need one space when I press enter, it's annoying. Please help me..
Old March 19th 20, 09:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter T. Daniels

Do you mean "two lines," your lines of type are farther apart than they
should be? ("Spaces" are between words, what you get when you use the
Space Bar.)

Space between lines is controlled by the Paragraph Format you are using.
When you are in a paragraph, go to the Home tab of the Ribbon, Paragrah
group (third from the left).

Click the tiny triangle at the right end of the bar at the bottom of
that group (after where it says "Paragraph") and the Formatting panel
will open. At the lower right is a drop-down menu called "Line Spacing."
Set that to "Single."

(It won't change anything you've already typed, but if you select the
whole document -- Ctrl-A -- and open the same Formatting panel, you
can change it to "Single.)

If you don't want to learn about Styles, just keep starting new paragraphs
by adding them at the end of your single-spaced text, and it will be fine
for the rest of the document.

On Thursday, March 19, 2020 at 4:08:27 PM UTC-4, wrote:
How do I make my doc stop putting two spaces instead of one when I press enter? Last time it happened, it went away after I pressed something in format but now it's not stopping. And I need it to because I'm writing a story, and I only need one space when I press enter, it's annoying. Please help me.

Too many spaces DonnaB Microsoft Word Help 4 May 6th 10 07:42 PM
Two different spaces Judy New Users 9 November 14th 08 10:47 AM
I want to add spaces after a right tab Nigel Greensitt Page Layout 2 December 28th 05 10:59 AM
How can I replace single spaces with double spaces in a docume TJ Microsoft Word Help 1 February 27th 05 04:22 AM
I cannot type two sequential letters or spaces or back spaces? TLThomas Microsoft Word Help 1 November 30th 04 08:02 AM