Adding Templates

Old November 16th 05, 03:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Adding Templates

Hello,

I'm using Word 2002 and when I add a new template to the following directory
it doesn't show under any new template tabs even after I restart Word.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033

Please assist.

Thank you.
Old November 16th 05, 03:58 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

bsbm525 wrote:
Hello,

I'm using Word 2002 and when I add a new template to the following
directory it doesn't show under any new template tabs even after I
restart Word.

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Templates\1033

Please assist.

Thank you.

Word never looks in that folder for templates. Instead, in Word, look in the
dialog Tools Options File Locations and see what's selected for User
Templates or for Workgroup Templates. A template file stored in either of
those locations will appear in the File New dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Old November 16th 05, 07:03 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That is the wrong folder. The 1033 folder is where Word stores its installed
templates for your language, but not where it stores your user templates (or
workgroup templates). Those are set in Tools Options File Locations. For
more on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog, and
locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Old November 17th 05, 12:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See these articles:

“Frequently asked questions about the location of Word 2002 templates”
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291186

“HOW TO: Add a New Tab for Custom Templates in Word 2002”
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=291468

Normal.dot Issue PA New Users 7 August 7th 05 04:40 PM
Get 'Workgroup Templates' to show up in 'New Document' Task Pane? Brian In Phoenix Microsoft Word Help 3 July 15th 05 04:01 AM
How do I turn off the MS Word templates ?? Jay Freedman Microsoft Word Help 0 June 30th 05 03:52 PM
adding pages to templates Connie Page Layout 1 May 9th 05 06:59 PM
Templates in too many languages. Only need English. capt_dalton Microsoft Word Help 0 December 2nd 04 10:29 PM