Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Coder Droid

Default Word 2003 table style confusion

Just got Word 2003 (coming from Word 2000) and was thrilled to see the
new styles for lists and tables. That thrilling feeling quickly turned
to frustration when I can't for the life of me get it to work.

Is there a good, thorough tutorial for getting up to speed on this? The
options seem obvious, but it flat-out isn't working for me.

For example:

I have a simple two column table, no header/footer rows. I select my
format for "whole table". No problem. I then change the format for the
leftmost colunm to be bolded. Click okay. Apply it to my table. No bold.

What other magical mystical bit of alchemy is needed? I click the bold
button, it should show bold text.

Additionally: is there any way to specify the line spacing from within
the table, or do I rely on the underlying paragraph style?

--cd

Convert Word 2003 documents to WordPerfect formate Carol Microsoft Word Help 6 March 9th 06 07:11 AM
macro in word js Microsoft Word Help 1 December 28th 04 03:01 AM
Text space in table cells in Word 2003 (using Windows XP) Jaykay Tables 1 December 2nd 04 11:16 AM