Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables,microsoft.public.word.general

Default How to turn "a list of bullet points" into a "task check list/box" ?

Hi,

I am using Office Word 2003.

I am creating a list with the following tasks e.g.

Buy milk
Buy cereal
Go to grocery shop
Go to Tailor shop

I have typed the above four lines in Word 2003.

Is there a way that I can add automatically 4 square boxes in front of
these four tasks. So that, when I am done, I can tick off/check that
square... (something like the Tasks layout in Palm pilot) ???

Thanks

cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables,microsoft.public.word.general

I want to check them within Word - first, i want to find a way of
adding blank square in front of the 4 items, and after I am done with
one of the items, I can insert a "tick" symbol, meaning that I am done
with the task.

Is there an automatic/easy way of doing this?

thanks.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I am using Office Word 2003.

I am creating a list with the following tasks e.g.

Buy milk
Buy cereal
Go to grocery shop
Go to Tailor shop

I have typed the above four lines in Word 2003.

Is there a way that I can add automatically 4 square boxes in front of
these four tasks. So that, when I am done, I can tick off/check that
square... (something like the Tasks layout in Palm pilot) ???

Thanks

cheers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables,microsoft.public.word.general
Greg Maxey

See:
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Ojects.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
Do you want to print the list out and check off the items or check
them off within Word?

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup so all may benefit.