Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joseph Purpura Joseph Purpura is offline

Default In Word 2007 I get a message "not enough quota" to open file -???

--
Thank you JK
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

You really need to provide more information. Especially
since this appears to not be an English version of Word?
Which language version are you using?

What's the EXACT error message you're seeing?

It sounds like it might be an "out of memory" kind of
message. In that case, the file may be damaged. Is this a
file you created in Beta 2 or an earlier version, and are
now trying to open with Beta2TR?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joseph Purpura Joseph Purpura is offline

Cindy,

The file was created in Word 2003 English version. It did open in Word
2007, but will not open in the technical refresh version. It will still open
in earlier versions of word.

the message I get is:

If I try clicking on the file itself "letterhead.docx" - is "could not open
mydocs/letterhead.docx"

When I open Word and then do file open, I get th emessage "Letterhead Not
enough quota is available to process this command" I only get this message
when using Word 2007
--
Thank you JK

"Cindy M." wrote:

You really need to provide more information. Especially
since this appears to not be an English version of Word?
Which language version are you using?

What's the EXACT error message you're seeing?

It sounds like it might be an "out of memory" kind of
message. In that case, the file may be damaged. Is this a
file you created in Beta 2 or an earlier version, and are
now trying to open with Beta2TR?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joseph Purpura Joseph Purpura is offline

Cindy,

I should note that it appears that this problem is limited to files saved in
the Beta 2 version of Office 2007, as I pulled an older version of the same
file written and saved only in Office 2003 - I did the same for several other
files and found the same issue - any suggestions on how to recover the
ability to open files saved with the docx etension in Beta 2?
--
Thank you JK

"Cindy M." wrote:

You really need to provide more information. Especially
since this appears to not be an English version of Word?
Which language version are you using?

What's the EXACT error message you're seeing?

It sounds like it might be an "out of memory" kind of
message. In that case, the file may be damaged. Is this a
file you created in Beta 2 or an earlier version, and are
now trying to open with Beta2TR?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

Which Windows version are you running?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
--------------
http://pschmid.net
***
Office 2007 Beta 2 Technical Refresh (B2TR):
http://pschmid.net/blog/2006/09/18/43
***
Customize Office 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/customize
OneNote 2007: http://pschmid.net/office2007/onenote
***
Subscribe to my Office 2007 blog: http://pschmid.net/blog/feed

"Joseph Purpura" wrote in
message :

"Cindy M." wrote:

You really need to provide more information. Especially
since this appears to not be an English version of Word?
Which language version are you using?

What's the EXACT error message you're seeing?

It sounds like it might be an "out of memory" kind of
message. In that case, the file may be damaged. Is this a
file you created in Beta 2 or an earlier version, and are
now trying to open with Beta2TR?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindymeister (last update
Jun 17 2005)
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any
follow question or reply in the newsgroup and not by e-mail
:-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patrick Schmid [MVP] Patrick Schmid [MVP] is offline

When exactly do you get the message and what is it exactly?

Patrick Schmid [OneNote MVP]
http://pschmid.net
***