Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Medser Medser is offline

Default Make footnote separator full page width?

Hi there,
Is there any way to make the footnote separator full page margin width? I've
copied it 3 times across but it's not quite long enough, so I've tried
increasing the font size, expanding kerning, making paragraph justified etc
but it doesn't budge. Any ideas?
Thanks!!
Mel
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Copy the Footnote Continuation Separator and paste it in place of the
Footnote Separator, or see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/NoteSeparators.htm for more options (for
example, you could use a border).

http://word.mvps.org

"Medser" wrote in message
Hi there,
Is there any way to make the footnote separator full page margin width?
I've
copied it 3 times across but it's not quite long enough, so I've tried
increasing the font size, expanding kerning, making paragraph justified
etc
but it doesn't budge. Any ideas?
Thanks!!
Mel

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

When you're looking at the Footnote Separator in its own window, first
assign it a Paragraph Style that doesn't have indentation. (Just
dragging the triangle in the ruler apparently won't do it.) That puts
it against the left margin. Then click on the line itself and its
dotted border will appear. Drag the handle in the middle of the right
side of the border over to the right margin. Click Ok.