Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] c02homer@hotmail.com is offline

Default Last Row of Labels Prints on Next Page

Word 2003 / XP2/SP2

We are having a problem printing labels so that the last row prints on
the page.
Here is our scenario:

We do not use the default 1.25" margins for our documents - we use 1"
margins. With the margins narrowed, we adjusted the footer tabs so
that the center tab is truly centered and the right align tab is at the
new right margin. This created a formatted paragraph mark in the
footer.

I understand that it is the formatting in the footer that is causing
the labels not to print fully, so I went into the normal.dot and
reduced the footer area to .25". However, when I print a page of
labels, it is not usining my modified normal template - somehow, it is
pulling its own settings so that the footer is back at .5" and the last
row of labels will not fit on the page.

I am sure that we are not the only company that does not use the
default margins in Word and if there is a way around this, I'd SOOOOO
appreciate the help.

Thanks!!!

C.