Bob Fitzgerald

Default How to turn off "Requesting virus scan"

This is very annoying and has a negative effect on my computer's
responsiveness. I have a virus scanner installed and am happy to
rely on it doing its thing and would happily have Office ignore
checking. Suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Bob
garfield-n-odie

Microsoft Office does not have a built-in virus scanner. The message
you're seeing can be caused by the Office Plugin that comes with
Symantec/Norton AntiVirus, and you can disable the Office Plugin if you
so desire. See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820 "How to use
Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in" for more
information.

Bob Fitzgerald wrote:

This is very annoying and has a negative effect on my computer's
responsiveness. I have a virus scanner installed and am happy to
rely on it doing its thing and would happily have Office ignore
checking. Suggestions welcome.

Thanks.

Bob

Bob Fitzgerald

garfield-n-odie wrote
in :

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=329820

Unfortunately, I do not have Norton Anti-virus installed (never
have).

Any other suggestions?

Thanks.

Bob
TF

Bob

Find out what Anti Virus you have installed and turn off the option to scan
documents on opening. This is NOT a Word problem but an AV problem.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Bob Fitzgerald" wrote in message