pedorf

Default how do i make a list of contents based on multiple documents

I want to create a separate list of contest based on multiple documents.
Each chapter is written in separate word-files.
Shauna Kelly

Hi pedorf

For a quick introduction to how to do this, see the end of the page at
How to create a table of contents in Microsoft Word
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html

For a more thorough discussion see
Creating a Table of Contents Spanning Multiple Documents

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.

"pedorf" wrote in message
I want to create a separate list of contest based on multiple documents.
Each chapter is written in separate word-files.

Cynthia

When I worked in word processing (both at Group Health Cooperative and ECG
Management) we used 2 methods (one was to create a master document and the
other was to use RD fields) - Some of the documents were simply too large to
have as one humungous document so had to be saved in parts. But all were
kept in one location on the server and it was my job to manage it! G That
was fun! Boy, did I use FIELDS like crazy (including switches)