homeofbonnie

Default Insert, edit and delete text in protected document

Word 2002: I have a protected 13-page document with fill-in form fields. The
user is requesting the ability to delete, edit and add large blocks of text
within this protected document. Because the default text form fields have
limited character insertion, I am not able to include the bigger paragraphs
here. In addition, when the user wants to delete several lines of text in
these text form fields, the deleted text causes large gaps in the flow of the
remaining text.
Charles Kenyon

Looks like your user is using the Enter key to end lines rather than letting
Word wrap the text.

Note, these are formfields, not Fill-In fields (these are different).

What your user is requesting will be a _lot_ of work for you. Do they
realize that?

What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." For more
about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. There are links there about protecting and
unprotecting documents using macros that could get you started on your
project.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon