Loodie

Default How do I keep the task pane turned off when I start word?

I have tried all the options I see in Help--unchecking toolbar, options/view
unchecking box, etc.
CyberTaz

Hi Loodie-

If you have removed the check in ToolsOptionsView, the Task Pane _should
not_ appear when you launch Word. It will still come up when certain features
are activated, however.

Try http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...owTaskPane.htm

If that doesn't help, are there any other issues at play?

HTH |:)