gg

Default in windowsXP where are your own new word2000 templates stored & h.

eWord2000 - I had my own named Tab in the Templates area (New Document) when
using Windows98s. Now I've installed Word2000 on a new WindowsXP laptop and
cannot find where to put my own templates or how to create a new Tab in New
Documents for them.
Help.
gg
Graham Mayor

The user template folder is defined at tools options file locations
user templates.
Based on that information the process of creating tabs is the same as for
Windows 98.

gg wrote:
eWord2000 - I had my own named Tab in the Templates area (New
Document) when using Windows98s. Now I've installed Word2000 on a
new WindowsXP laptop and cannot find where to put my own templates or
how to create a new Tab in New Documents for them.
Help.
gg

Jay Freedman

On Sun, 2 Oct 2005 18:17:04 -0700, "gg"
wrote:

eWord2000 - I had my own named Tab in the Templates area (New Document) when
using Windows98s. Now I've installed Word2000 on a new WindowsXP laptop and
cannot find where to put my own templates or how to create a new Tab in New
Documents for them.
Help.
gg

Windows XP creates a folder under C:\Documents and Settings with your
logon name as the folder name. Under that are a number of folders,
including a hidden one named Application Data. (In order to see this
folder and anything inside it, you have to open Windows Explorer, go
to Tools Folder Options View, and check "Show hidden files and
folders".)

Under the Application Data folder is (among others) a Microsoft
folder, and under that is a Templates folder. By default, that's where
Word looks for templates. To recreate your personal tab in New
Document, make a folder inside the Templates folder and fill it with
your templates. Note that Word won't show you the new tab unless
there's at least one template in the folder.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

See €śOFF2000: How Office 2000 Manages Templates€ť at
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=240216 and €śWD2000: Understanding the
Template Path and Normal.dot€ť at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=214215

"gg" wrote in message
eWord2000 - I had my own named Tab in the Templates area (New Document)

when
using Windows98s. Now I've installed Word2000 on a new WindowsXP laptop

and
cannot find where to put my own templates or how to create a new Tab in

New
Documents for them.
Help.
gg

type documents in hindi and english using windowsXP and Word2000 Hari Microsoft Word Help 0 September 25th 05 08:51 AM
how set up WordViewer2003 to view docs prior to run Word2000 ? [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 2 May 24th 05 12:12 AM
How do I open Word2000 from Access2000 at a specific dialogue box? Frank Martin New Users 0 January 19th 05 09:50 PM
problem with word2000 murlis New Users 1 December 6th 04 01:18 PM
How do I make Word2002 position cursor at end of line as Word2000 lms Microsoft Word Help 3 November 26th 04 05:15 PM