iv201

Default How do I insert a carat (hat symbol) above a number in Word?

WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How do I insert a carat (hat symbol) above a number in Word?

  1. Place your cursor where you want to insert the carat symbol.
  2. Click on the Insert tab in the top menu.
  3. Click on Equation in the Symbols section.
  4. In the Equation tab that appears, click on the Accent button.
  5. Select the carat symbol from the list of accents.
  6. Type the number you want to place the carat symbol above.
  7. Click outside of the equation box to exit.

    Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcut "Ctrl + Shift + 6" to insert the carat symbol above the selected text.
Birmangirl

You can either use the Insert | Symbol dialog box: the caret (hat) can be
found with different letter combinations in the (normal text) font, or you
can use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl ^ then the character you need, i.e. "a" or
"i". Hope this helps

Amanda

See http://home.earthlink.net/~wordfaqs/Overbar.htm for the general
principles.