Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Louis

Default My printer won't print black ink and my cartliage is at 80%, why?

I am trying to print a document which contains both standard black text and
red text. My printer is hooked up correctly and it will only print the red
text, not the black text in the document. I figured my black ink was empty
but the computer is showing it at 80% full. Why is it not printing the black
text in the document? Please get back to me!
Thanks, Jacques
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SVC

What happens if you try to print another document that is all black text? If
it prints, check Tools Options, the Print tab, under Include with Document
check Drawing objects (in case the black text is in a text box without any
border).

If a different document does not print (and you are using an ink jet
printer), either the cartridge is actually empty (did you remove the ink
cartridge and check it), it which case you should replace it, or the nozzle
is clogged. Consult your printer manual to find out how to clean the nozzle.