Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] HemiltonChen@hotmail.com is offline

Default It failes to call Documents.Open method without VBA installed

Hi everyone,

When i uninstalled VBA on my machine, and I tried to open an existing
file from disk via Documents.Open Word API, but it failed to call this
method, and the code ran into my catch{} clause, has anyone
encountered this issue also? is it a Word API bug? if yes, any office
kb articles addressing this issue?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Not a bug. If you removed VBA, then there's nothing there to execute
the method you called -- the dll and its entry point don't exist. Put
it back, or else stop calling any VBA methods.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman