Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SallyJane SallyJane is offline

Default How to Enlarge Font Size Bigger than 72 pt

I'm making posters and need larger type. Isn't there a way to make it
larger than 72 pt? I tried typing in the size I wanted but it wouldn't
accept the numbers I chose.
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: How to Enlarge Font Size Bigger than 72 pt

Yes, there is a way to make the font size bigger than 72 pt in Microsoft Word. Here are the steps:
  1. Select the text you want to enlarge.
  2. Go to the "Home" tab in the ribbon at the top of the screen.
  3. In the "Font" section, click on the arrow next to the font size box.
  4. Scroll down to the bottom of the list and click on "Customize..."
  5. In the "Customize" window, type in the font size you want in the "Points" box. You can type in any number up to 1638 pt.
  6. Click "OK" to save your custom font size.
  7. Click on the font size box again and your custom font size should now appear in the list.
  8. Click on your custom font size to apply it to your selected text.

If you find that the font size box won't accept the numbers you choose, make sure that you have selected the text you want to enlarge before trying to change the font size. Also, make sure that you are not trying to enter a font size that is larger than 1638 pt, as this is the maximum font size that Word allows.
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The secret is to press 'enter' after typing the required font size in the
appropriate window.
Publisher, if you have it, is a better tool for making posters.

SallyJane wrote:
I'm making posters and need larger type. Isn't there a way to make
it larger than 72 pt? I tried typing in the size I wanted but it
wouldn't accept the numbers I chose.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi SallyJane,

You can type your own numbers - up to 1638. the units are in points, so 1638pt = 22.75in (57.785cm).

--
Cheers
macropod

"SallyJane" wrote in message ...
I'm making posters and need larger type. Isn't there a way to make it
larger than 72 pt? I tried typing in the size I wanted but it wouldn't
accept the numbers I chose.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] sparkwave300@gmail.com is offline

On Saturday, May 23, 2009 1:03:01 AM UTC-4, SallyJane wrote:
I'm making posters and need larger type. Isn't there a way to make it
larger than 72 pt? I tried typing in the size I wanted but it wouldn't
accept the numbers I chose.

fni

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You can just type in the font size you want into the Size box (on the Home
tab).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

wrote in message
On Saturday, May 23, 2009 1:03:01 AM UTC-4, SallyJane wrote:
I'm making posters and need larger type. Isn't there a way to make it
larger than 72 pt? I tried typing in the size I wanted but it wouldn't
accept the numbers I chose.

fni

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] cecilliajimu8@gmail.com is offline