Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
hdelaney

Default Open doc at the end of doc instead of the beginning

How do I save a document so that the next time opened it opens at the end of
the document instead of the beginning.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ed

As far as I know, there isn't any way to save it like that. Word
automatically opens a document at the beginning. If you use CTRL+End, it
will take you to the very end of the document.

"hdelaney" wrote in message
How do I save a document so that the next time opened it opens at the end
of
the document instead of the beginning.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

There are two approaches to this:

1. Simple approach: You can press Ctrl+End when you open the document.

2. Complex approach: Record a macro of pressing Ctrl+End and name it
AutoOpen. Make sure you save the macro in the document itself, not in
Normal.dot (the default location). When you open the document (provided your
Macro Security level is no higher than Medium), you will be prompted to
enable macros. You click OK, and the document opens at the end.

Your choice.

"hdelaney" wrote in message
How do I save a document so that the next time opened it opens at the end

of
the document instead of the beginning.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

In addition to the excellent responses already given, I'd like to
point out that you can press Shift+F5 in order to move the insertion
point to the last edit point in the document.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP