Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ken Burton Ken Burton is offline

Default Format printing for a notebook

For example lets use the following setup. I have a document that contains a
title page, TOC, and two sections. I want to print this document (duplex) so
that when I place it in a notebook the following output is achieve
automatically.

Title page (right side of notebook)
TOC (right side of notebook; no matter how many pages)
Each section (right side of notbook)

Each new section will not print on the other side of the previous section,
but on its own page.

Ken
--
Ken Burton

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ken Burton Ken Burton is offline

Thank you, Suzanne. I will give that a try and will come back with a
response one way or the other.
--
Ken Burton

"Ken Burton" wrote:

For example lets use the following setup. I have a document that contains a
title page, TOC, and two sections. I want to print this document (duplex) so
that when I place it in a notebook the following output is achieve
automatically.

Title page (right side of notebook)
TOC (right side of notebook; no matter how many pages)
Each section (right side of notbook)

Each new section will not print on the other side of the previous section,
but on its own page.

Ken
--
Ken Burton

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ken Burton Ken Burton is offline

On the title page, at the end of text, I placed a Odd page break. I saw it
using the Show/Hide. When I went to print, the first page of the TOC was on
the back of the title page. What am I doing wrong? Give you give me more
detail or point to a document with detail instructions?

Thanks!
--
Ken Burton

"Ken Burton" wrote:

For example lets use the following setup. I have a document that contains a
title page, TOC, and two sections. I want to print this document (duplex) so
that when I place it in a notebook the following output is achieve
automatically.

Title page (right side of notebook)
TOC (right side of notebook; no matter how many pages)
Each section (right side of notbook)

Each new section will not print on the other side of the previous section,
but on its own page.

Ken
--
Ken Burton

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Enable either "Different odd and even" or "Mirror margins" in the Page Setup
dialog box so that Word can correctly interpret the odd section breaks. (If
none of these options are set, Word looks at the page numbers to determine
if its need to add a filler page.)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Ken Burton" wrote:

For example lets use the following setup. I have a document that
contains a
title page, TOC, and two sections. I want to print this document
(duplex) so
that when I place it in a notebook the following output is achieve
automatically.

Title page (right side of notebook)
TOC (right side of notebook; no matter how many pages)
Each section (right side of notbook)

Each new section will not print on the other side of the previous
section,
but on its own page.

Ken
--
Ken Burton

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ken Burton Ken Burton is offline

I reviewed my test document and got the odd break straight for each section.
I printed the document and it is behaving correctly now. I will take into
account the "different even/odd page" and "mirror margins" if needed.

Thanks everyone for your help. I am good to go now !!
--
Ken Burton

spiral notebook spiralhelp Page Layout 1 November 25th 06 08:54 AM
Does anyone know when Word for PC will have the Notebook layout vi zadia Microsoft Word Help 1 October 20th 06 08:35 AM
I have notebook on as my default stationary Greg Page Layout 1 August 10th 06 05:08 PM
Scientific Notebook? cybermum Microsoft Word Help 2 March 20th 06 04:12 AM
Does the notebook format in Mac word exist in PC word? Daisy Page Layout 2 January 28th 06 05:19 PM