Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
richlich richlich is offline

Default Cutting-and-Pasting Into a Page w. Header and Footer

We have a "logo page" where the company logo is in the header and the company
information (address, general phone number, etc.) is in the footer. We have
two (2) situations with this:

1. Some document contents (other Word files), when cut-and-pasted into the
"logo document" cause the logo header to be shoved down to the last page
(where the footer properly winds-up). These documents have section breaks in
them and I'm wondering if that is the problem. Also, we want to be sure the
top left-hand corner of the page beginning on Page 2 has the page number and
the document name.

2. To fix the above, we removed all the section breaks from the document
text that is inserted into the "logo" page; however, the footer information
then stayed on the first page and didn't migrate to the last page.

How do we fix this so that we can consistently copy text from another
document (typically these are previous contract proposals to a client and the
new document is a contract renewal proposal) in to the logo page and be sure
the corporate logo stays at the top of the first page and the corporate
information migrates to the bottom of the last page?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Two articles that will give you some more insight into how this works are
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm (your intuition
about section breaks was correct) and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm, which will explain how to
set up your letterhead template using "Different first page" so that you
don't need a section break between the first and second pages (which I
suspect is what is causing the remainder of your problems).

"richlich" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
richlich richlich is offline

Suzanne,

Many, many thanks! You are a lifesaver! -Rich

"richlich" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Glad I could help.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Two articles that will give you some more insight into how this works

are
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm (your

intuition
about section breaks was correct) and
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm, which will explain

how to
set up your letterhead template using "Different first page" so that you
don't need a section break between the first and second pages (which I
suspect is what is causing the remainder of your problems).

newsgroup so
all may benefit.