Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
The7thDoctor The7thDoctor is offline

Default Why is it doing that?

I have saved a Word file that is 3 pages long, yet, when I look at it in the
window, it shows only 1 page.

Why is that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

In which view is it one page? Is there data misaing?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"The7thDoctor" wrote in message
I have saved a Word file that is 3 pages long, yet, when I look at it in
the
window, it shows only 1 page.

Why is that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If the text is in a table, make sure the table is not wrapped (Table
Properties | Table: Text wrapping: None).

If the text is in a text box, text boxes cannot exceed one page.

If (as is likely) neither of the above is the case, go to Format | Columns
and click on the preset picture for One (even if it's already selected).
This will check the "Equal column width" box.

What happens in some documents (and no one really knows why) is that Word
gets the idea there are multiple columns and Column 1 is margin width,
leaving no room for the rest. You will be able to see all the text in Normal
view but not in Print Layout view; checking the "Equal column width" box
(which can't be done manually but is done by using the One preset) solves
the problem.