Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Pollak Leslie Pollak is offline

Default Forms Sections & Printing

Hi,
I am using Word 2003 on Windows XP, with all updates applied.
I have created a one (1) page form with 5 sections. Each formatted as
Continuous Section Break.
Most of the time all the information entered by my users of the forms will
fit onto one page.
But there are times where a section can occupy two (2) pages.
My goal is to have sections that occupy more than one (1) page to be printed
on the next page, therefore keeping all of the information in that section
grouped together on the same page.
How can I accomplish this?
Thanks
Leslie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

I would have your form inside a table and have the individual sections
table rows. Then you can modify the properties of your table so that it
does not split across pages. Table | Table Properties | Row - clear the
checkmarks from allow row to break across pages.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

"Leslie Pollak" wrote in
message :

Hi,
I am using Word 2003 on Windows XP, with all updates applied.
I have created a one (1) page form with 5 sections. Each formatted as
Continuous Section Break.
Most of the time all the information entered by my users of the forms will
fit onto one page.
But there are times where a section can occupy two (2) pages.
My goal is to have sections that occupy more than one (1) page to be printed
on the next page, therefore keeping all of the information in that section
grouped together on the same page.
How can I accomplish this?
Thanks
Leslie

Checked by AVG Free Edition.

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12/14/2007 11:29 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Pollak Leslie Pollak is offline

Hi Dawn, thanks.
So I would make 5 sections, within each section are my tables, and format
the properties of each table within each section.
Regards
LAP

"Dawn Crosier, Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Any of your sections that you do not want to break across pages would
need to be inside of a table. I'm not sure how you have your form setup,
but I imagine it looks something like...

Section 1
Lots of Form fields

Section 2
General Text

Section 3
Lots of Form fields

Section 4
General Text

Section 5
More Form fields

So, how I would suggest changing your format is:

Section 1
Beginning of Table
Lots of Form fields
End of Table

Section 2
General Text

Section 3
Beginning of Table
Lots of Form fields
End of Table

Section 4
General Text

Section 5
Beginning of Table
More Form fields
End of Table

Does that help???

--

"Dawn Crosier, Word MVP" wrote:

I would have your form inside a table and have the individual sections
table rows. Then you can modify the properties of your table so that it
does not split across pages. Table | Table Properties | Row - clear the
checkmarks from allow row to break across pages.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP
"Education Lasts a Lifetime"
This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and questions
to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"Leslie Pollak" HYPERLINK "Les wrote in
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Pollak Leslie Pollak is offline

Hi Dawn,
Yes and thank-you.
Leslie

"Dawn Crosier, Word MVP" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Leslie Pollak Leslie Pollak is offline

Hi Dawn,
I understod what you told me to do, but I cannot get it to work.
Can you send me a file that is formatted so I can see an examle.
Regards
Leslie

"Dawn Crosier, Word MVP" wrote:

Glad to help! Post back if you run into problems.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP
"Education Lasts a Lifetime"
This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and questions
to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"Leslie Pollak" wrote in
message :

Hi Dawn,
Yes and thank-you.
Leslie

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
12/14/2007 11:29 AM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

I tried to send you a document, but it bounced back to me. Please advise
your correct email address. It is generally bad form to include
attachments in this forum.

Feel free to email your address direct to me at dlcrosier at
sbcglobal.net

--

"Dawn Crosier, Word MVP" wrote:

Glad to help! Post back if you run into problems.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP
"Education Lasts a Lifetime"
This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and questions
to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"Leslie Pollak" HYPERLINK "Les wrote in
message :

Hi Dawn,
Yes and thank-you.