Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sheana sheana is offline

Default Is there an easy way to determine the font used in a document?

Hi,
I have a hard copy of a document and I need to copy it. Is there any way to
determine the font without tedious trial and error?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You could use the macro provided he

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q209205/

to print out samples of all of the fonts available on your system. If you
can match your document to one of the samples, you're in business (and you
have much better vision than I have).

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
"sheana" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a hard copy of a document and I need to copy it. Is there any way
determine the font without tedious trial and error?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

The most likely - but still not 100% reliable - is to have it reviewed by
someone with extensive typesetting experience & a keen eye.

Good Luck |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 12/15/07 3:16 PM, in article
, "sheana"
wrote:

Hi,
I have a hard copy of a document and I need to copy it. Is there any way to
determine the font without tedious trial and error?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sheana sheana is offline

Thanks, Herb for the link, however I don't know how to use a macro...can you
explain how to do this? Thanks in advance.

"sheana" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a hard copy of a document and I need to copy it. Is there any way
determine the font without tedious trial and error?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A lot depends on what version of Word you're using. This article is a good
place to start:

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/CreateAMacro.htm

--

"sheana" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a hard copy of a document and I need to copy it. Is there any
way
determine the font without tedious trial and error?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm, but also see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...eGenerator.htm for a possibly
better (and user-customizable) font sample macro.