dmjung

Default Merged fields have dark/shaded background?

My merged fields are contained in cells within various tables. The main
document shows the fields with a shaded background and the merged data also
has the shaded background. The cells are configured to not have a shaded
background. How do I get rid (or reduce) the shaded background?

--David
Doug Robbins

The shading can be turned off by selecting Options from the Tools menu and
then go to the View tab and uncheck the item there. However, if as you say
the shading appears with the merged data, this leads me to suspect very
strongly that you have not actually executed the merge, but are just
previewing the data in the mailmerge main document.

consulting basis.

Hope this helps,
Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"dmjung" wrote in message
My merged fields are contained in cells within various tables. The main
document shows the fields with a shaded background and the merged data
also
has the shaded background. The cells are configured to not have a shaded
background. How do I get rid (or reduce) the shaded background?

--David

dmjung

Doug,

I'll check out the option you indicated. Here's an interesting twist... If
I merge-to-printer the printed document has all the merged fields shaded. If
I merge-to-new-document, the new document does -not- have the merged fields
shaded and views/prints as expected.

--David

"dmjung" wrote in message
My merged fields are contained in cells within various tables. The main
document shows the fields with a shaded background and the merged data
also
has the shaded background. The cells are configured to not have a shaded
background. How do I get rid (or reduce) the shaded background?

--David

dmjung

Doug,

I went to Tools/Options/View-tab and switched Field shading to "Never".
This had no effect that I can tell. When looking at the main document, all
the merge fields are still shaded. As before, if I merge/print, the merged
data is shaded, but if I merge/new-document, it's not shaded.

--David