Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Miss E Miss E is offline

Default I have a 25 page document. How do I separate the page numbers

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Mar 26, 12:14*pm, Miss E Miss

From what?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

Sub splitter()

'

' splitter Macro

' Macro created 16-08-98 by Doug Robbins to save each page of a document

' as a separate file with the name Page#.DOC

'

Dim Counter As Long, Source As Document, Target As Document

Set Source = ActiveDocument

Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory

Pages = Source.BuiltInDocumentProperties(wdPropertyPages)

Counter = 0

While Counter Pages

Counter = Counter + 1

DocName = "Page" & Format(Counter)

Source.Bookmarks("\Page").Range.Cut

Set Target = Documents.Add

Target.Range.Paste

Target.SaveAs FileName:=DocName

Target.Close

Wend

End Sub

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com Gordon Bentley-Mix on news.microsoft.com is offline

Got Suzanne's crystal ball today Doug? g
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsof" wrote:

Sub splitter()

'

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] Gordon Bentley-Mix[_2_] is offline

Must be a bloody good one if you managed to work out that answer from that
question... ;-P
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups - no
membership required!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com"
wrote in message ...
Nah, mine's better.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

The code will separate the page numbers. Each one of them will be in a
separate file. While the filename will be the same as the page number that
was on the original page, the page number in the file will not however.

--

"Gordon Bentley-Mix" wrote in message
Must be a bloody good one if you managed to work out that answer from that
question... ;-P
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups -
no membership required!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com"
wrote in message ...
Nah, mine's better.

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It helps that he just happens to have a macro already prepared for the
purpose. g

http://word.mvps.org

"Gordon Bentley-Mix" wrote in message
Must be a bloody good one if you managed to work out that answer from that
question... ;-P
--
Cheers!

Gordon Bentley-Mix
Word MVP

Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.

Read the original version of this post in the Office Discussion Groups -
no membership required!

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com"
wrote in message ...
Nah, mine's better.