Kathy

Default Cannot Remove Watermark

I am using Word 2003. I created 8 documents and put the DRAFT watermark on
each by using FORMAT, BACKGROUND, PRINTED WATERMARK and chose the DRAFT
printed watermark. I was able to easily remove DRAFT from all except one.
It will not come off. When I access the PRINTED WATERMARK window, it shows
"no watermark" and even if I still go through the steps to remove it, nothing
happens . I, and others, have tried everything!

Please help or my document is ruined!

Thanks,
garfield-n-odie

Open the document containing the unwanted watermark, click on
View | Header and Footer, click on the watermark to select it,
press the Delete key to delete the selected object, and click on
Close to close the header/footer.

Kathy wrote:

I am using Word 2003. I created 8 documents and put the DRAFT watermark on
each by using FORMAT, BACKGROUND, PRINTED WATERMARK and chose the DRAFT
printed watermark. I was able to easily remove DRAFT from all except one.
It will not come off. When I access the PRINTED WATERMARK window, it shows
"no watermark" and even if I still go through the steps to remove it, nothing
happens . I, and others, have tried everything!

Please help or my document is ruined!

Thanks,

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Gee, I was going to recommend mayonnaise mixed with cigarette ash and rub
with the grain.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Kathy" wrote in message
IT WORKED...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Kathy wrote:

I am using Word 2003. I created 8 documents and put the DRAFT
watermark on
each by using FORMAT, BACKGROUND, PRINTED WATERMARK and chose the DRAFT
printed watermark. I was able to easily remove DRAFT from all except
one.
It will not come off. When I access the PRINTED WATERMARK window, it
shows
"no watermark" and even if I still go through the steps to remove it,
nothing
happens . I, and others, have tried everything!

Please help or my document is ruined!

Thanks,

Graham Mayor

Doesn't that make a mess of your screen?

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:
Gee, I was going to recommend mayonnaise mixed with cigarette ash and
rub with the grain.

"Kathy" wrote in message
IT WORKED...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Kathy wrote:

I am using Word 2003. I created 8 documents and put the DRAFT
watermark on
each by using FORMAT, BACKGROUND, PRINTED WATERMARK and chose the
DRAFT printed watermark. I was able to easily remove DRAFT from
all except one.
It will not come off. When I access the PRINTED WATERMARK window,
it shows
"no watermark" and even if I still go through the steps to remove
it, nothing
happens . I, and others, have tried everything!

Please help or my document is ruined!

Thanks,

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

It's supposed to work on a tabletop so why would a desktop be different?
;-)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:
Gee, I was going to recommend mayonnaise mixed with cigarette ash and
rub with the grain.

"Kathy" wrote in message
IT WORKED...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Kathy wrote:

I am using Word 2003. I created 8 documents and put the DRAFT
watermark on
each by using FORMAT, BACKGROUND, PRINTED WATERMARK and chose the
DRAFT printed watermark. I was able to easily remove DRAFT from
all except one.
It will not come off. When I access the PRINTED WATERMARK window,
it shows
"no watermark" and even if I still go through the steps to remove
it, nothing
happens . I, and others, have tried everything!

Please help or my document is ruined!

Thanks,

Graham Mayor

Of course. I hadn't thought of that

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:
Gee, I was going to recommend mayonnaise mixed with cigarette ash
and rub with the grain.

"Kathy" wrote in message
IT WORKED...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Kathy wrote:

I am using Word 2003. I created 8 documents and put the DRAFT
watermark on
each by using FORMAT, BACKGROUND, PRINTED WATERMARK and chose the
DRAFT printed watermark. I was able to easily remove DRAFT from
all except one.
It will not come off. When I access the PRINTED WATERMARK
window, it shows
"no watermark" and even if I still go through the steps to remove
it, nothing
happens . I, and others, have tried everything!

Please help or my document is ruined!

Thanks,

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Neither did I until a moment before I sent the response. ;-)

--

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] wrote:
Gee, I was going to recommend mayonnaise mixed with cigarette ash
and rub with the grain.

"Kathy" wrote in message
IT WORKED...THANK YOU SO MUCH!!

Kathy wrote:

I am using Word 2003. I created 8 documents and put the DRAFT
watermark on
each by using FORMAT, BACKGROUND, PRINTED WATERMARK and chose the
DRAFT printed watermark. I was able to easily remove DRAFT from
all except one.
It will not come off. When I access the PRINTED WATERMARK
window, it shows
"no watermark" and even if I still go through the steps to remove
it, nothing
happens . I, and others, have tried everything!

Please help or my document is ruined!

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LAS4621

Kathy, You need to be in the exact place where you first turned on the
watermark. Keep going through your document until you see that the watermark
window is turned on.