Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dollyron

Default Clicking "insert", then "symbol" does NOT show symbol dialog box

I use the "degree" (as 35 degrees Fahrenheit) symbol for some reports I do. I
have always been able to click "insert", then "symbol" and a table of symbols
opens up, whereupon I click the degree symbol and insert it into my report.
Lately, for some reason, when I do this in a WORD document the symbol box
does not open. The only thing that happens is that the very top bar in the
document, that tells you that you are in WORD, changes to a pale color and
the cursor stops blinking (like it's waiting for you to get a symbol). I have
looked all over the address and tool bars for something to click on to make
this table of symbols viewable, but I can't find anything. I have also tried
re-booting the computer but that hasn't helped either.

I have tried the WORD help wizard and I can find no way to "unhide" or
locate this symbol box. I have not changed anything in my system (like a new
printer, etc.).

Can somebody help me with this problem? I would prefer NOT to uninstall WORD
and then re-install it.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See €śThe Word title bar flashes or the Word program becomes unresponsive
when Word is running€ť
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=812075