Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
F Jolivette F Jolivette is offline

Default numbering in tables

I have a table with three columns and I want to insert automatic numbers in
rows but going from top to bottom and then continue the numbering on the
following columns to the right of the first column. My problem is when
inserting numbers in the following columns, the numbers restart and go across
the column and then onto the next row. Can someone tell me how to do this.
--
Fabien Jolivette
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jean-Guy Marcil Jean-Guy Marcil is offline

F Jolivette was telling us:
F Jolivette nous racontait que :

I have a table with three columns and I want to insert automatic
numbers in rows but going from top to bottom and then continue the
numbering on the following columns to the right of the first column.
My problem is when inserting numbers in the following columns, the
numbers restart and go across the column and then onto the next row.
Can someone tell me how to do this.

An easy way would be to use three styles, each defined to have automatic
numbering. Use style 1 in column 1, style 2 in column 2 and style 3 in
column 3.
When you are done entering information in the table, manually reset the
starting number of the first cell of the second column to continue from the
last cell in column 1 and the same in column 3 (in relation to column 2, of
course).

Or, if it is practical, use newspaper style column (Format menu Columns).
--

Salut!