Jose Ofvalue

Default Fix for Word 2002 crash on using "insert address"?

My MS Word 2002 recently began crashing (error message: "Microsoft Word has
encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the
inconvenience") whenever I tried to use the insert address icon. I have
tried running Detect & Repair, uninstalling and re-installing Word and
Outlook, and running fixmapi.com (with ZoneAlarm and Norton Antivirus
disabled), but the problem persists.

Any suggestions for a fix would be greatly appreciated, as this is one of
the Word features I use constantly.
Graham Mayor

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...peningWord.htm which covers
the issues that normally cause problems and also with Word closed, check for
orphan files - http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm

Jose Ofvalue wrote:
My MS Word 2002 recently began crashing (error message: "Microsoft
Word has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for
the inconvenience") whenever I tried to use the insert address icon.
I have tried running Detect & Repair, uninstalling and re-installing
Word and Outlook, and running fixmapi.com (with ZoneAlarm and Norton
Antivirus disabled), but the problem persists.

Any suggestions for a fix would be greatly appreciated, as this is
one of the Word features I use constantly.

Jose Ofvalue

The problem appears to be timeless. I have rolled back to two dates when I
recalled the feature being functional, and it is still unresolved. I am able
to use the Outlook address book in other applications (Stamps.com) without
problems, so it does not appear to be MAPI-related, but rather specific to
Word.