Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John Smith John Smith is offline

Default Converting docx into doc

I have used Word 2007 Beta for a few days and in the process created a few
document which I saved normaly.
Now that I removed Word 2007, I am unable to open these files under Office
2003 (Word).
The extension is:
File.doc.docx
Urgent help on how to open this under Word 2003 will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Since you failed to save the document in the older format before
removing the 2007 beta, you now have a large download and some extra
work to do. Get the Compatibility Pack and the Awareness Update (two
separate downloads) from
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...converter.mspx and follow
the (long) instructions exactly.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Wed, 9 Aug 2006 11:59:31 +0100, "John Smith"
wrote:

I have used Word 2007 Beta for a few days and in the process created a few
document which I saved normaly.
Now that I removed Word 2007, I am unable to open these files under Office
2003 (Word).
The extension is:
File.doc.docx
Urgent help on how to open this under Word 2003 will be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Since you failed to save the document in the older format before
removing the 2007 beta, you now have a large download and some extra
work to do. Get the Compatibility Pack and the Awareness Update (two
separate downloads) from
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...converter.mspx and follow
the (long) instructions exactly.

Thanks, I did exactly and succeeded.