Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thussey thussey is offline

Default Page 1 of 3

Can I insert a page numbering funtion that will give a page number and the
total number of pages in the document. Such as Page 1 of 3, Page 2 of 3, Page
3 of 3?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

In Word 2003 or earlier, you will find the Page X of Y AutoText entry on the
menu on the Header/Footer toolbar, and you can use Insert | AutoText to
insert it anywhere else in a document. In Word 2007, it's a bit more
complicated, and I don't know the instructions for that.

"thussey" wrote in message
Can I insert a page numbering funtion that will give a page number and the
total number of pages in the document. Such as Page 1 of 3, Page 2 of 3,

Page
3 of 3?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PCGrammy PCGrammy is offline

In Word 2007, click on Insert Tab, the Header and Footer Group, choose either
Header or Footer. Click the down arrow. Select Edit Footer. Click Quick Parts
on the Insert Group, click Building Blocks Organizer, and click Bold Numbers.
Click Insert.
--
PCGrammy