ISSCSHOMER

Default Bullets and numbering

I am transcribing several years of diaries and want to automatically insert
the next day when I hit enter. E.g. I enter the information from the 1st of a
month that is a Wednesday, and when I hit "Enter" I want Word to
automatically insert "2nd, Thursday," "3rd, Friday,"....... I have used
numbering to insert the date but can't figure out how to insert the day of
the week; I have to manually insert the day. Note that I don't need the month
to be entered. I will also accept the day followed by the date. (E.g. -
"Thursday, 2nd," Friday, 3rd," etc.)

The document is "sectioned" and the name of the appropriate month is the
"title" of each section.

Can this type of Bullet or Numbering be accomplished in Word 2000, and, if
so, how? It will be a huge time saver for me!

Thanks in advance for any help or hints.

William R. "Bill" Merchant

Tamlyn Schmeisser

You can also select the text you want to renumber, go to Format, Bullets and
Numbering, and select the button at the bottom left that shows Restart
Numbering. That selection will start over from number 1. Unfortunately you
have to select each instance; at least I haven't figured out how to make the
change throughout.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

And note that numbering usually uses periods *or* parentheses, not both.

"garfield-n-odie" wrote in message
Hi, Tina.MD. What a cool way to state the problem! See

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...artMethods.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...tartFromUI.htm. If you're a real
masochist, then once you get on the word.mvps.org site you can search the
site for "restart numbering" to see several other articles on the subject.

"Tina.MD" wrote:

1. This is being written as an example
a.) of what problem I am having.
2. I am trying to create several different
a.) numbered lists
b.) within one document.

But, when I end one, then type text in paragraph form, then go to create

a new numbered list ... this is what happens.

3. It picks up where
a.) the last list
b.) left off.
4. And I can't figure out
a.) how to make it STOP!

I want it to allow me to create many independent lists within the same

document. Am I crazy - or is there something really simple I have
overlooked?

1. Because I am sure
a.) that this program
b.) can do this.