Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
moon4707 moon4707 is offline

Default Recurring error in Word 2007

Hi,

I am using Word 2007. While typing in a document, I get the following
recurring error:

"Microsoft Office Word can't open the thesaurus.
Microsoft Office Word cannot install the necessary files due to Windows
Installer error 1605.
This action is only valid for products that are currently installed."

I do not know what causes the error and have no idea how to prevent it. Any
help you can give me will be appreciated.

Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Daddy Daddy is offline

What I do in these situations is Google the error message (or the key words therein.) The solution provided below, although it was written for Word 2003, should also work in Word 2007.

"You receive a Windows Installer Error 1605 error message when you start Word 2003"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823522

Daddy