DanMurphy DanMurphy is offline
Junior Member

Default Merge containing multiple lists

Hello

I have an Access database for which I need to set up a mail merge. Unfortunately, the merge will contain multiple lines of data, effectively forming "Lists of lists".

An extremely condensed version of the datasource is below.

LetterID,Surname,ListName,ListDetail
10,Murphy,THIS ORDER,2 Blue Widgets
10,Murphy,PREVIOUS OUTSTANDING,2 Blue Widgets
10,Murphy,PREVIOUS OUTSTANDING,2 Black Widgets
11,Collings,THIS ORDER,4 Green Widgets
12,O'Keefe,THIS ORDER,1 White Widget
12,O'Keefe,THIS ORDER,1 Yellow Widget
12,O'Keefe,PREVIOUS OUTSTANDING,3 Yellow Widgets
12,O'Keefe,PREVIOUS OUTSTANDING,2 White Widgets

As you can see, the lists can be any number of lines themselves, but some may not contain any records at all.

I know its possible to have one list of multiple lines per record in a merge, but am unsure how to set this up.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, or advise if I am attempting to square the circle it would be appreciated

Thanks in advance.
Natalie Lanoville Natalie Lanoville is offline
Junior Member

I haven't used it in a while, but I think the 'directory' selection as a merge document type should satisfy your requirement.