Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
tikki555 tikki555 is offline

Default Newbie help for creating reports

Hello,

I'll try and explain this the best I can.

I started a new job and every so often I am responsible for downloading
reports
from an online server (.txt files), then copy/pasting them into word so I can
format them (margins, font size, alignment, etc). Twenty types of reports,
about
22 different companies. It's boring, monotonous work.

I've created macros to help with this, the only problem is each report only
identifies the company through its district/county number at the top of the
page
(for example, "district: 099 county: 227&quot. The company name is not
displayed.

I have to look at a separate sheet that has all the company names and number
and
manually add the company's name to the top of the report. I'm wondering, is
there a way for word to do this automatically? Like is there a way I can get
Word to recognize that district x and county y on a form is company name z,
and
automatically add that company's name to the top of the report?

Thanks in advance.

Newbie Newbie Newbie jt Mailmerge 1 January 15th 10 04:20 PM
[newbie] faq 1.0 Jon Microsoft Word Help 8 April 13th 09 09:33 PM
Newbie Questions Martin Page Layout 4 February 2nd 06 07:08 PM
NewBie Question 2 Please Help Tom Grassi New Users 2 September 9th 05 05:03 PM
Newbie to Word Please help Tom Grassi New Users 8 September 9th 05 06:07 AM