BG

Default can't restart numbering

thank you very much. that did the trick.

it's nice to know that WORD made sense after all

"Genine" wrote:

In order for the second list to restart after the first list style is used,
both styles should be in the same outline numbering scheme.

Go to http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html and
read about outline numbering and heading styles, and then set up your own
styles to work in the same way. You don't have to use HEADING 1 etc, you can
do this with any style, it's just that the built in heading styles already
have outline levels applied to them so it makes things a bit easier at first.
Genine

"BG" wrote:

i am using custom defined styles. one of them has numbering format that uses
roman numerals and another uses letters.

for some reason, I have to roman num parents that has their own children of
letters. when the children follows the letter sequence from the other
parent, i thought i could use restart numbering, but it doesn't work. to
recap, this is what it's doing: I (A - I) , II (J - L). it should be I(A -
I), II(A - C).

thank you in advance.