Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
qumranandy qumranandy is offline

Default set default fonts

Using Word2007 and Vista, I want to set the default fonts - Latin and Complex
- to Times Roman. When I do that with with the Font Dialog box, and then
start typing text, I get T-R in English; but when I switch to the Hebrew
keyboard I get "Arial (Body CS)". When I go back to the Font Dialog Box to
see what's wrong, I find "+Headings CS" and "+Body CS" in the respective
panes instead of "Times-Roman".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?cXVtcmFuYW5keQ==?=,

Using Word2007 and Vista, I want to set the default fonts - Latin and Complex
- to Times Roman. When I do that with with the Font Dialog box, and then
start typing text, I get T-R in English; but when I switch to the Hebrew
keyboard I get "Arial (Body CS)". When I go back to the Font Dialog Box to
see what's wrong, I find "+Headings CS" and "+Body CS" in the respective
panes instead of "Times-Roman".

The formatting in Office 2007 is controlled at a deeper level by a "theme".
Search the Help on the topic "Change the default theme", read that, and follow
the links in the article.

It's also important to note that style and font settings save different
information for left-to-right and right-to-left. Often, if you change as setting
for RtL it also applies to LtR, but the opposite happens less often. So if you
regularly work with both directions, when setting a default switch the keyboard
and set the default for that, as well.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Indian language fonts to be included as default fonts in windows Ashok Kothare Microsoft Word Help 34 October 1st 08 07:42 AM
How to set default fonts? Bao Pu Microsoft Word Help 3 April 5th 08 08:07 PM
Default fonts Dave[_6_] New Users 2 July 7th 07 05:44 AM
Default fonts [email protected] New Users 2 April 5th 06 11:02 PM
How do I set editing fonts different than default fonts? Cleso Microsoft Word Help 1 March 6th 06 06:02 AM