Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janet Janet is offline

Default Writing from English to Chinese (Word 2003)

I have a user that wants to write a document in English and then click on a
button and have it translate to Chinese (PRC). She does not want to use the
Task Pane for this. Is there a program or something that I can use for her?
Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT][_2_] Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT][_2_] is offline

Hello Janet,

Do you want to try the Windows Live Translator?
http://www.windowslivetranslator.com/Default.aspx

You can select the English-Chinese pair.

I hope it helps,

Thierry Fontenelle [MSFT]

"Janet" wrote:

I have a user that wants to write a document in English and then click on a
button and have it translate to Chinese (PRC). She does not want to use the
Task Pane for this. Is there a program or something that I can use for her?
Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If she does not personally understand Chinese well enough to read and
translate it for herself, then she will not realise how utterly dreadful
computer language translations really are. English to gibberish would be
nearer the mark!

Janet wrote:
I have a user that wants to write a document in English and then
click on a button and have it translate to Chinese (PRC). She does
not want to use the Task Pane for this. Is there a program or
something that I can use for her? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janet Janet is offline

That worked perfect! And I saw that there is a toolbar icon that I can add
into her Word. Thanks!!

"Janet" wrote:

I have a user that wants to write a document in English and then click on a
button and have it translate to Chinese (PRC). She does not want to use the
Task Pane for this. Is there a program or something that I can use for her?
Thanks

hartford10 hartford10 is offline
Junior Member

There are many softwares available that translate in to chinese and facilities of other translator available. You can go for the option as per your requirement.