Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J J is offline

Default Japanese Greetings

Is there a site providing acuarate English language translations for the
Japanese greetings, etc. provided by Word 2007? Attempts to machine
translate these greetings (even using Word 2007's translator) give very
imprecise translations.
--
Thanks for your help,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Sorry, but there is no computer translation service that will produce a
reliable translation between any two languages. Your best bet is to hire a
good (human) translator.

Fred

"J" wrote:

Is there a site providing acuarate English language translations for the
Japanese greetings, etc. provided by Word 2007? Attempts to machine
translate these greetings (even using Word 2007's translator) give very
imprecise translations.
--
Thanks for your help,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
J J is offline

Dear Fred,
Thank you very much for responding. I agree that machine translations are
not accurate. I was looking for a human-made translation. I thought that
since Microsoft had selected certain Japanese language expressions for
inclusion in Word 2007, it might somewhere have provided an accurate (e.g.,
native Japanese speaker) translation of those selected expressions.
--
Thanks for your help,

"J" wrote:

Is there a site providing acuarate English language translations for the
Japanese greetings, etc. provided by Word 2007? Attempts to machine
translate these greetings (even using Word 2007's translator) give very
imprecise translations.
--
Thanks for your help,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

As far as I know there is no such information available, and I suspect that
there may not be any English equivalents of the greetings anyway - they,
presumably, make sense to Japanese speakers.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

www.WordArticles.com

"J" wrote:

Is there a site providing acuarate English language translations for
the
Japanese greetings, etc. provided by Word 2007? Attempts to machine
translate these greetings (even using Word 2007's translator) give very
imprecise translations.
--
Thanks for your help,

hartford10 hartford10 is offline
Junior Member

Here is a answer to your question that there is a option of google translate. It is best and free of charge available. It is preferred by most of the users.

Global IME for Japanese Kamuela New Users 3 January 7th 08 06:22 PM
type in japanese Brian2828 Microsoft Word Help 1 August 12th 06 10:49 AM
Japanese tsutom Microsoft Word Help 5 September 15th 05 12:01 PM
japanese dictionary mimi Microsoft Word Help 6 July 14th 05 02:18 AM
Type Japanese Ace72 Microsoft Word Help 1 June 2nd 05 08:37 PM