Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bill bill is offline

Default How do I limit decimal places in a merge document?

I am using an Excel file that contains a numeric field that has 2 decimal
places. When I use Word and mail/merge document feature, the decimal places
are not limited to 2. How can I correct that?
--
Thank you for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try
a. using Alt-F9 to reveal the field codes in your Word mail merge main
document
b. where you have

{ MERGEFIELD mynumber }

or

{ MERGEFIELD mynumber \*Mergeformat }

change it to

{ MERGEFIELD mynumber \#0.00 }

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk
Visit Londinium at http://www.ralphwatson.tv

Bill wrote:
I am using an Excel file that contains a numeric field that has 2 decimal
places. When I use Word and mail/merge document feature, the decimal places
are not limited to 2. How can I correct that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
bill bill is offline

That worked. Thank you very much.
--